D-Prize Competition 2018/19 for Entrepreneurs Worldwide — $20,000 for Grab
D-Prize Competition 2018/19 for Entrepreneurs Worldwide — $20,000 for Grab. D-Prize Competition is now accepting applications from Entrepreneurs Worldwide to participate in the 2018 challenge. Each winner will get up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
Table of Contents
- 1 D-Prize Competition 2018/19 for Entrepreneurs Worldwide
- 2 How to Apply for D-Prize Competition.
D-Prize expands access to poverty-alleviation interventions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most.D-Prize programs produce new “distribution entrepreneurs” – social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty.
Who Should Apply for D-Prize Competition.
You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur. You are ready to launch your new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. We do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
- + GIRL’S EDUCATION
- + AGRICULTURE
- + ENERGY
- + GLOBAL HEALTH
- + EDUCATION
- + GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- + CUSTOM
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if:
- you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and
- you need high risk capital.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
The D-Prize judging panel is composed of individuals with professional experience distributing life-changing technologies in the developing world.
Contestants are evaluated based on:
- Passion and potential for candidate’s success, as evident by their academic and professional background, relevant skills, and quick leadership trajectory.
- Focus on distribution. Proposals must focus on distributing a proven poverty solution that needs greater access in the developing world.
- Potential for scale, based on the organizational model proposed in the concept note and the entrepreneur’s desire to commit and grow.
- The Global Competition launches on September 4th, 2018.
- Early Submission Deadline: October 14th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 4th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 400 people who register): November 25th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
How to Apply for D-Prize Competition.
- Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
- Proposals must be written in English.
- Prepare your concept note and resume, and clearly name your files. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each.
- Input your contact details and upload your documents to d-prize.org/submit
If you have questions, send an email to the D-Prize team at email@example.com.