UNIPORT Postgraduate General Admission Requirements & Duration.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Programme is to run on a Full-Time basis to last for a minimum of 12
calendar months and maximum of 24 calendar months and two consecutive
long vacation of eight (8) weeks each for sandwich programme.
- MBA Programme
- Full-Time: Minimum of 24 Calendar Months and Maximum of 36 Calendar Months
- MD and MS Programmes
- The Programmes will last for at least 24 Calendar Months.
- Ph.D Programmes
- Full-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 24 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months.
- Part-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 84 calendar months.
- DBA Programme
candidates shall be required to spend a minimum of three (3) years and a
maximum of five (5) years from the date of first registration.
- Part-time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years.
All candidates must possess a credit pass in English Language and
Mathematics in addition to other O/Level requirements as specified by
each Department/ Faculty.
The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a
Bachelor’s Degree in the related disciplines. Candidates must possess at
least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related
Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in
the relevant Departments.
Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree of the
University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University, in the
relevant course with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its
equivalent. Candidates for the Master’s in Education must have obtained a
first Degree in another field and in addition a Postgraduate Diploma in
Education (PGDF) with at least an Upper Credit classification.
Candidates for the MBA Programme must possess a strong quantitative
background. Candidates with PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50 to register for
Master’s Degree in the relevant field
for the Ph.D Programmes, candidates should have a Master’s Degree with a
minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00 depending on the Department or its
equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Master’s level.
Admission will be based on interview performance. Ph.D involves course
work and qualifying examination.
must either be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) of the University of Port
Harcourt for not less than five (5) years or confirmed and experienced
academic staff of the University with Medical Degree of recognized
- In addition to the above, candidates must possess
either a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level
or at least an M.Sc Degree of a recognized University, after the MBBS
(N14.000.00) should be paid online at any of the following Banks:
U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank,
First Bank and Sterling Bank.
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name where applicable
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Form
Further inquiries about 2018/2019 UNIPORT postgraduate admission,
please contact the following between 9.00 a.m and 4.00 p.m., Monday to
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES – 07059243946
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
P. M. B. 5323, PORT HARCOURT.
NO. 6 HARARE STREET
WUSE ZONE 6 – 08037086089
LAGOS LIAISON OFFICE
23 BUSH STREET, OKUPE ESTATE, – 08023415448
Completed Application Forms with all necessary enclosures must be
returned to the Office of the Graduate Studies Officer, not later than
Friday, August 31, 2018.