exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and
whose academic results are of a very high level.
programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from
15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration
of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the
chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after
the first year.
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
list of all Masters degrees at UNIL that it is possible to apply for
with the exception of the one that are mentionned above, can be found at
the followint address : www.unil.ch/formations/en/home/menuinst/masters.html
the Master of Law, only two specialisms,”international and comparative
law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters
UNIL Masters Scholarship Requirements.
have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a
bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European
Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the
language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Withdrawal from the programme will lead to the suspension of the scholarship.
How to Apply UNIL Masters Scholarship.
must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of
documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the
Université de Lausanne Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME) Bâtiment Unicentre CH – 1015 Lausanne Switzerland
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application
for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to
register at UNIL).
You must not make an application for admission to the masters degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
The deadline for applications is 1 November to
begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the
autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows. The
postmark will attest to the date sent.
particularly those lacking certified copies of the academic documents
requested, will not be considered.
- 1 November: application deadline
Processing of applications by the Social Affairs and Student Mobility
Office (SASME) and the Admissions department (SII)
The SASME informs candidates whose application is incomplete or has not
been accepted by the admissions department that their application for
the scholarship has been unsuccessful.
Complete applications are transferred to the faculties for consideration
of their eligibility for the chosen masters degrees.
- February-March: The SASME informs candidates whose application has not been accepted by the faculty.
- March: The selection board for masters scholarships selects the candidates who will be offered a masters scholarship.
- Early April: candidates are informed of the selection board’s decision.
further information, please refer to the FAQs. For any further
information, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or by
telephone on +41 21 692 2113.