want to make a difference across Ghana? Do you want to make an
impactful and sustainable change?
Table of Contents
Youth Social Entrepreneurship Programme Ghana.
in partnership with GhanaThink Foundation, is pleased to announce the
the Ghana Youth Social Entrepreneurship Programme. We are calling out to
youth as partners for the implementation of their ideas which are
geared towards “Social Innovation that Works for Women”. This
application does not restrict innovations to be focused on women as a
primary beneficiary only, so all ideas with a social innovation focus
believes in the power of youth-led innovation, that communities can be
shaped by empowering youth to create sustainable initiatives inspired by
community needs, and that social innovation is accelerated when
supported by digital technology.
challenge is seeking youth as agents of community development through
social enterprises. As an applicant, you must be passionate about social
entrepreneurship, social innovation and be willing to create social
Youth Social Entrepreneurship Programme Challenge specifics:
- Receive cutting-edge coaching and mentorship support to develop your own innovative social businesses.
participants will go through a 4-months training on how to develop
their social enterprise ideas using human centred design approach.
- Selected participants will receive both financial and non-financial support to test and implement their ideas .
- The final selected participants will attend the global DOT Unconference in Nairobi, Kenya in October 2018.
Youth Social Entrepreneurship Programme Guidelines and Requirements:
- Age bracket: 18 – 29 years at the time of application
- Tech savvy and computer literate
- A citizen of Ghana or resident in Ghana
- Should have a valid passport or able to acquire a passport within a short period.
- Have an innovative solution to a community problem which is at the early ideation stage. If you have been thinking through an idea which has a social impact, then you can apply.
- Applicants with gender focused ideas are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be committed and available throughout the programme to attend trainings and workshops.
- Young women are highly encouraged to apply.
Youth Social Entrepreneurship Programme Timelines:
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If selected, you will be required to attend a compulsory meetup with all the other selected participants between June 28 – 30 2018 or July 1 2018.