In collaboration with the JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes for the 2018/2019 Session.
Table of Contents
About the UNIBEN JUPEB Pre-Degree Programme.
The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and other JUPEB – affiliated Universities in Nigeria and universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC) or IJMB.
UNIBEN JUPEB Pre-Degree Subject Combination.
THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT COMBINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE.
ArtsGovernment/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
History/ Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
Economics, Government/Literature in English
All the combination in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8
Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
UNIBEN JUPEB Pre-Degree Form Admission Requirements.
MODE OF STUDY.
Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, University of Benin,. Lectures will be conducted from 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
NOTE: (i) Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
(ii) Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee.
(iii) Only coloured print out will be accepted.
(iv) Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
(v) Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study
Application Start Date: Monday 4th June, 2018.
Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB)
All the combinations shown in the table meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT etc.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly non-residential programme.
To qualify for the entrance examinations into the various Pre-Degree Studies, candidate must satisfy the stated general and specific requirements for admission.
UNIBEN JUPEB Pre-Degree Entrance Examination.
How to Apply UNIBEN JUPEB Pre-Degree Form.
The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
- On the uniben website, Click on the WAEUP PORTAL LINK
- Click on the FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (JUPEB) APPLICATION 2018/2019 Link.
- Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION and fill out application after reading instructions on the page
- Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and password.
All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
All applications should be concluded on or before Midnight of 17th August, 2018.
Otherwise, for more guidelines, the procedure for application is as follows:
- Visit www.uniben.edu Or uniben.waeup.org
- Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process (not the cyber-cafe’s mail).
- Click on JUPEB Pre-Degree Studies 2018/2019
- Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
- An immediate mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
- Open your mail to get your system generated ID and Password that you will use to login.
- On uniben.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application
record’ and provide all required information and upload your passport
- Upload a clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph with red
background in JPEG format only. NOTE that the photograph uploaded will
be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay
in the University of Benin.FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT
PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUAILIFICATION AND FAILURE/FORFEITURE OF
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at
the bottom of the page, then click on “Pay with Remita” on the top left
corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee
with an ATM-Enabled Verve or Master Card from any commercial Bank.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application on-line.
- You cannot edit your application after submission.
- Print out the Application slip.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION: The Entrance Examination into the Foundation Programme will hold at the University of Benin on SATURDAY, August 25th 2018.