TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Details:
- TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
for a minimum period of six (6) months to a maximum period of twelve
months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries
(other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the
- UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
award of the fellowship is subject to obtaining in due course a final
offer letter of admission from UPM that must be approved by the UPM
University’s Committee. Upon receipt of the UPM-TWAS award letter from
TWAS, candidates will need to contact in due course the UPM School of
Graduate Studies to apply for the final offer letter. In case the
application for the final offer letter of admission is not approved by
UPM, this award will become null and void.
- The language of instruction is English.
TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within four (4) years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
an official Acceptance letter. The guideline to obtain the Acceptance
letter is available at the School of Graduate Studies, UPM website. The
URL link to the website is http://www.sgs.upm.edu.my/content/preliminary_acceptance_letter_application_guideline-30899
- Please note that the
applicant must have already identified a potential host
supervisor/professor in UPM before sending their request for an
acceptance letter to the School of Graduate Studies, UPM.
- The acceptance letter must come from the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, UPM only (and NOT from any other Head of Department or supervisors at UPM).
- In contacting the Dean of the UPM School of Graduate Studies, the applicants mustaccompany
their request for an acceptance letter with copy of their latest CV, a
short write-up of research proposal (maximum 3 pages), a copy of the PhD
certificate and the transcripts of each degree qualification starting
from the BSc;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- The deadline to apply is 31 August 2018.
should submit the acceptance letter (issued by the Dean of the UPM
School of Graduate Studies) to TWAS, when applying or by the deadline at
the latest. Without the acceptance letter, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal.
- Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the Visiting Scientists programme, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11 34151 Trieste, Italy Phone: +39 040 2240-687 Fax: +39 040 2240-689
43400 UPM Serdang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel: +603-8946 4207/4216
Fax: +603-8946 4232