platform for promoting our vision and goals. The scholarship program
awards scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and
residents of African countries, and have been offered admission to
specific universities in Nigeria.
individuals the opportunity to acquire a first degree at top schools in
the African continent. It grants individuals the opportunity to build up
the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders
of our today’s society, through the yearly programs and community
“I believe education is the
key to unlocking the destiny of Africa. A major investment in the
education of our people would go a long way in improving the economic
situation of many African Nations.” Dr David Oyedepo
Table of Contents
DOF Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility.
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the
specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be
secured independently by going through the University’s admission
process. Hence, award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a
need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all
eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following
this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo
Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If
advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
|June 6, 2018||Applications Open|
|July 15, 2018||Application Closes|
|July, 2018||Finalisation of finalists applicants and contact of same|
|August – September 2018||Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University|
How to Apply for DOF Undergraduate Scholarship.
- The David Oyedepo
Foundation uses an internet based application You will need to access a
computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order
to upload required documents.
- You do not have to finish your
application in one You may save your work and return to complete your
application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave
your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be
- You must submit your completed application by the
deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no
deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
DOF Undergraduate Scholarship Online Application Section.
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form
will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of
citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians
contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the
application and selection Please provide accurate addresses, phone
numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
Primary School Name, Certificate obtained g. (primary school leaving
certificate etc.), duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of
graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete education at the school
- Add New for multiple schools attended at primary/basic level
Secondary/High School Name, Certificate obtained g. (junior/senior
school leaving certificate, High school diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy –
mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not
complete your education at the school indicated.
- Add New for multiple schools attended at secondary level until
Post-Secondary Institution Name (e.g. A’level, Technical college,
University), Certificate obtained g. (A levels, BSc, Diploma etc.),
Duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate
nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
proposed University of Study and proposed course of Remember that the
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is specific at this time to
only Covenant and Landmark University. It is also course specific;
hence you would have the option of only choosing from the available
- For the exam results section, the name of the
Nationally Recognized O’level exams should be inserted including the
date the exam was taken. (This exam varies for different countries).
- All subjects taken should be captures in the exam results section along with corresponding grades
- Combination of two different certificate exams is not permitted
- JAMB result is specific to ONLY Nigerian All Nigerian applicants must insert JAMB result for application to be considered
personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e.
academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school
related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual
need to be uploaded in the ‘upload credentials’ section of the
- Insert personal information and contact details for
a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual
progress and other personal and character related affairs). Note: A
letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the
uploads section of the application.
- Note that parents or guardians CANNOT to be listed as referees
section includes 5 essay questions that must be Each essay has a word
limit of 500 words and must under no circumstances be exceeded. Your
responses would give an opportunity to the selection committee to better
understand you as a leader, including your desire to participate in the
language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship
All activities and communication would be done in English without the
opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the
application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
DOF Undergraduate Scholarship Application Submission Guide.
deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
Program is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Friday 15th July, 2018.