continent’s most innovative and impactful entrepreneurs. Over the past 9
years, AAE has attracted over 7000 applications from industries and
sectors ranging from education. health, transport, energy among others.
Table of Contents
About the AAE 2018 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship.
for nominations to The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE) are now
open. The awards aim to recognize Africa’s most talented entrepreneurs
across 4 categories:
- Women Bell Award
- Best Mature Business: legacy companies with significant revenue base and continental footprint
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs under the age of 35
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: social impact-oriented enterprises
undergoing a rigorous nomination and selection process, 12 finalists (3
per category) will be invited to attend the African Leadership Network
(ALN) Annual Gathering which will be hosted in Mauritius in November
this year, where one winner per category will be announced.
AAE 2018 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship Eligibility:
African companies are eligible for these awards. You will be required
to provide proof that your core operations are on the continent.
- We look for a track record of innovation, profitability, business excellence and social impact
- Businesses from any sector are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants interested in the Outstanding Young Entrepreneur category must be 35 years old or below.
- Applications must be filed by a single company representative.
AAE 2018 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship Selection Criteria:
- Leadership, culture and values: This majorly points out to how your organisation invests in its employees as well as the values ethics that drive it.
- Innovation: We look for companies that are providing creative and leading edge solutions that add real value to the lives of customers
- Profitability: Your business should be commercially sustainable and demonstrate a robust financial position
- Long term Business Strategy: Your business should demonstrate a sound and coherent strategy for future growth and continued value addition
- Social & Economic impact on communities: Your
business should be adding value to their communities. We are looking
for companies that have a demonstrable commitment to using business for
How to Apply AAE 2018 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship Nomination Form online.
form and upload your supporting documents online via the ALN Website.
We will notify you of the status of your application by the end of
judges via skype interview. Successful candidates will be invited to
attend the award ceremony in Mauritius.