the Global Fintech Hackcelerator as part of the Singapore FinTech
Festival. We are looking for the most innovative start-ups from across
the globe who can address problem statements contributed by the global
FinTech community and the financial services (FS) industry.
are invited to apply for the programme and demonstrate how their
solution can address industry pain points highlighted by their chosen
problem statements. 20 teams will be selected for the 12 week
hackcelerator programme, assigning a corporate champion to provide
mentorship to help them customise their market- ready solutions into
contextualised prototypes for industry adoption.
FinTech Festival is the largest Financial Technology event in the world.
Attracting more than 30,000 participants, decision makers and investors
from 109 countries in 2017, the event is considered by the global
FinTech community as the world’s largest platform for the global FinTech
community, with Singapore thriving as an international hub at the
forefront of FinTech innovation.
Table of Contents
How does KPMG Global FinTech Hackcelerator Program works?
Submit your application before 15 June 2018. Shortlisted applicants may
be contacted for further information, demos and pre-selection pitching
sessions, after which up to 20 teams will be selected.
The 20 successful start-ups will spend 12 weeks contextualising and
enhancing their prototype/solution, with mentoring and guidance from
industry champions and real FS business sponsors.
At the end of the 12 weeks, start-ups will demo their solution on the
main stage of the FinTech Conference at the Singapore FinTech Festival.
The top 3 start-ups will receive additional cash prize of S$50,000 each.
Teams will work with industry champions to plan for actual adoption and
integration of their solutions into a real client context.
What does the industry need?
- Financial Inclusion: Solutions which empower consumers and businesses to gain access to financial services.
- InsurTech: Solutions to help the financial institutions transform and shape the future state of insurance.
and SupTech: Solutions to ensure compliance of regulatory requirements,
especially when financial institutions engage in corporate activities.
is also a general category is for problem statements which do not fall
into the 3 areas listed but do enable financial institutions to enhance
customer experience or increase their efficiency.
KPMG Global FinTech Hackcelerator Program Benefits
- Contextualised for Impact – Real client owners looking for solutions contextualised for their specific needs.
- Cash Stipend – S$20,000 cash stipend for all 20 selected teams and additional cash prizes for the top 3.
- Mentorship – Business guidance and support from leaders in the industry.
- Development Infrastructure – Technology support for your solution.
- Network – Connect with the FinTech ecosystem.
and Collaboration – Opportunity to join Corporate Adoption programmes
and collaborative ecosystems (e.g. KPMG Digital Village)
- Has an innovative concept – Innovative solution that can address the problem statement
- Has a unique proposition – Distinct from existing solutions and utilises unique technology
- Shows business potential – Business model, customer experience and collaborative applicability to the industry
- Can demonstrate your ability to execute – Strong company track record, and technical ability and industry knowledge
How to Apply for Global FinTech Hackcelerator Program.
Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2018, powered by KPMG Digital Village, is
looking for the most exciting and innovative start-ups from all over the
world who can address problems faced by the financial industry.