Table of Contents
What is a Social Business?
concept of social business is defined by Nobel Peace Prize
laureate Muhammad Yunus as a non-loss, non-dividend company created to
address a social purpose.
goal of a social business is to solve a social problem. But because it’s
a business, it’s also financially sustainable, ensuring independence,
security, and the ability/chance to exclusively focus on creating
lasting impact. Instead of donors, a social business has investors.
Instead of fundraising, a social business generates a profit—and then
reinvests that profit in the company’s innovation and growth in order to
increase its social impact.
Yunus&Youth Fellowship Program Eligibility.
- You have started working on your social business and are dedicated to making it succeed.
- You must be under 30 years old.
- You must be able to speak and communicate in English.
- You must also be able to commit to 5 hours per week on exercises that will help you improve your business.
Yunus&Youth Fellowship Program Benefits.
receive a 6-month crash course in social business development. The
step-by-step curriculum ensures that by the end, They will be ready to
pitch to potential investors.
- Fellows will be matched with a
professional mentor. These mentors are successful entrepreneurs and
business professionals ready to lend their expertise to help fellows
maximize their business’ growth potential.
- Being a Y&Y Fellow means having a support network of experts, business leaders, and institutions around the world.
How to Apply for Yunus&Youth Fellowship Program 2018.
- Social Business Name
- Facebook Page
- Describe your social business in one or two sentences.
- Are you legally incorporated? Please specify the country and the legal form. (100 characters)
- When was your social business started?
- What social problem do you want to solve? (300 characters)
- How does your social business solve that problem? (500 characters)
- Who are your beneficiaries/users? (300 characters)
- Who are your paying customers? Are they different from your beneficiaries? (300 characters)
- How do you plan to acquire more customers? How do you plan to grow and scale? (300 characters)
many customers have paid for your product/service in the past 12 months
(since you have started working if less than 12 months)? (100
- Who are your competitors and how are you different from what they offer? (500 characters)
- What kind of evidence do you have that your solution works/will work? (300 characters)
- What is the most important measure/indicator of your success? (100 characters)
- What are your main expenses? (300 characters)
- What is your revenue model? How does your social business makes money?
- Who are the founders?
- Who are the other team members?
- What roles/people/knowledge is your team missing?