University of Sheffield Southern Africa Student Scholarship Fund (SUSASSF) 2018/2019.
partnership with SUSASSF, the Department of Geography are pleased to
offer a scholarship for a taught postgraduate student from Southern
Application Deadline: 4th May 2018
Eligible Countries: Botswana,Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa,Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: You must have applied to study on one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield, starting in 2018:
- MA International Development
- MSc Environmental Change and International Development
- MPH International Development
2. You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
3. You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a
research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar
4. This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction
with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield
or external sources.
5. Your mode of attendance must be full time.
6. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any
condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the
7. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2017.
8. You must be a national of and permanently domiciled,
in Botswana,Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,
Selection Criteria and Procedure: This
is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful; a
panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest application.
The panel will be looking to see in particular if you have:
- provided a clear rationale for applying for a postgraduate course at the University of Sheffield,
- outlined challenges to academic progress and detailed how these barriers have been overcome successfully,
- outlined examples of work experience in the field of International Development,
articulated future ambitions; these goals relate to the postgraduate
degree you have applied for, and how your learning will benefit others
from your country.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship offers the following support:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
Award Provider: University of Sheffield
Important Notes: The outcome of your application will be announced, via email, before 8 June 2018.