Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria (NCAT) History.
The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria, NCAT (formerly known as Nigerian Civil Aviation Training Center) was set up by Act. No 31 of 1964 (as amended), to conduct:
- Civil Aviation courses for use in flight training or airport operations & management as may be prescribed from time to time.
- Training of approved persons in the installation, maintenance and operation, as the case may be, of technical equipment, the use of which is calculated or likely to increase the margin of operational safety of civil aircrafts.
- Training on equipments and necessary facilities for technical research or normal use.
The idea of a center for aviation training in Nigeria was first mooted at an International Forum, the 12th International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Assembly, held in San Diego, California, USA, in 1959. The Federal Government of Nigeria then formally requested the United Nations Development Programme to appoint an expert to assess the actual requirements for the setting up of a Civil Aviation Training Center in Nigeria.The report of the project was approved in 1963, and a bill establishing a Center for Civil Aviation Training at Zaria, Nigeria, was passed by the Federal Legislature on 29th September, 1964, and signed into law on October 23, 1964.
The Center was established as a joint programme between the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). This joint programme of assistance from the UNDP and ICAO came to an end on 31st December, 1974 and the Federal Government of Nigeria assumed full responsibility for the continued management and operation of the College.
In 1977, the Board of Governors of the College recommended to the Federal Government a change of name from NIGERIAN CIVIL AVIATION TRAINING CENTER (NCATC) to NIGERIAN COLLEGE OF AVIATION TECHNOLOGY (NCAT), in anticipation of expansion of training and related activities. Official approval did not come until 1986, when the Government issued a White Paper on the “Report of the Fact-Finding Panel into the Activities of the Civil Aviation Department in the Federal Ministry of Aviation”. The change of name was reflected in Decree No. 41 of 1990.
To maintain the prestigious position of the foremost aviation training institution in Africa and be amongst the best in the world.
To consistently provide the aviation industry with professionals and other personnel through training and related services for safe transportation in accordance with international standards.
Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria (NCAT) Available ND, HND & PGD Courses.NCAT National Diploma (ND) Programmes:
NCAT Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes:
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology Airframe (Power plant option)
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology (Avionics option)
NCAT Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes:
Air Traffic Safety Electronics Engineering
NCAT Application Guidelines:
Through the portal, you can make your registration payment and fill the Applicatin Form. You can edit your Application, view your Application profile, upload your scanned documents i.e your credentials, and check your Application Status to know if you have been admitted. Follow the Order:
- Logon to wwww.ncat.gov.ng/application
- Read the Qualification Criteria.
- Click The Register Button at the Top or Apply Now at the button.
- You will be prompt to login after creating your account.
- Generate your RRR and precede to the bank for payment or use the online payment option for the payment.
- Logon to wwww.ncat.gov.ng/application to login with the password you created Earlier
- Click on the Payment comfirmation and your RRR to update your payment
- On successful confirmation, you can continue with your registration.
- Edit your Application Profile (This will require a passport photo and your biodata).
- Edit your Institution Attended.
- Edit your Qualifications (WASSCE, and other Certificates are entered here).
- Select your choice of Programe and Course.
- Edit/Upload Documents (Attach your Certificates here). The next section (Declaration and submission of form) will not be displayed untill all sections have been filled correctly.
- Print your Admission Form Card and Profile Form.