New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary
(1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of
business strategy and operations everywhere; and
cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other
collective action in support of UN goals.
Value of Internship: Internships at UN Headquarters are
unpaid. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel,
accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): New York, USA
Eligible Field of Study: Not specified
research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship, especially on
human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate citizenship topics;
- support the organization of meetings and events;
- assist with outreach activities;
- handle email and other inquiries;
- assist in the implementation of the Global Compact’s integrity measures;
- perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Learn more about the specific internship opportunities available with the Global Compact.
Duration and Period
with the UN Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six
months. The timing of internships is flexible.
We encourage candidates
to apply for the following sessions:
- Summer / Fall: August to November (with a possible extension to December)
- Winter / Spring: January to May (with a possible extension to June)
note that internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must
therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well
as living expenses during the internship period.
must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme
(bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of
application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
Learn more about the eligibility criteria for internships with UN headquarters.
How to Apply
down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section
and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under
the Duty Station field.
- Click on the Search button. This will lead you
to a list of various internship openings.
- You will need to search for
the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
- The Global Compact Internship Job Opening Number is 89920.
- Candidates are strongly recommended to pay attention to the job opening
number to make sure that their applications reach the UN Global Compact
Summer – Fall 2018 (August to November 2018): Applications accepted from 1 January 2018 to 30 April 2018.
to the large number of applications received, only accepted interns
will be notified a few weeks before the beginning of the session or
within 4 weeks after each session’s application deadline.