Travel Writing Scholarship 2018 | Win a 14-day travel writing trip to Argentina.
Do you dream of being a professional travel writer? Hidden in the rugged peaks and colorful cities of Argentina are thousands of stories to find and tell. We’re searching for 3 aspiring travel writers to delve into the history, culture and landscapes of Argentina to discover the essence of this unique land.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2018
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Buenos Aires, Argentina
Selection Criteria: To be chosen for this scholarship you’ll need to convince our judging panel through your writing that you have the spirit of adventure and passion for travel writing. You writing should showcase:
- Great descriptive ability (without getting flowery)
- A well structured narrative and a strong eye for detail
- Ability to uncover a great travel story and tell it in a compelling way
- Excellent spelling and grammar and a knack for avoiding clichés
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: The winners will hone their skills in Buenos Aires during an intense 4-day workshop with professional travel writer and contributor to The New York Times Tim Neville. They’ll then spend 10 days exploring specific regions with the local masters of adventure at Say Hueque.
How to apply:
- Write your story: Compose a 2500 character travel story around one of the following themes:
Making a local connection
The last thing I expected’
A decision that pushed me to the edge’
- Complete the application form: In 1500 characters or less tell us why you should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this opportunity would mean to you. Your answer will hold considerable weight in the judging process.
- Strictly one application per person. The application must be submitted in English.
Award Provider: World Nomads, Say Hueque.
Important Notes: Once you apply, you will not be able to go back and edit your application, so please make sure you are completely satisfied with your application before you hit the submit button.