Study Nursing: List of Nursing Scholarships For International Students.
Are you looking to study Nursing, or are you a nurse looking to further your studies? With the need for a better health care worldwide many universities and colleges overseas offer scholarship to qualified applicants to assist with pursing a relevant program in nursing.
Studying Nursing Abroad with Tuition fees overseas could cost heavily and if it just happens that you do not have access to funds to help meet the financial requirements to make your dream of becoming a nurse a reality, then you can take advantage of this opportunity and apply for one of the scholarship program listed below.
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program – This Nursing scholarship is open to students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, or graduate nursing programs, to get funding for tuition, fees and other educational expenses in exchange for working at a recognized NURSE Corps institution after graduation. Scholarship is open to US citizens, nationals or permanent residents.
- A Nurse I am Scholarship by Cherokee Uniforms – Awards up to 10 scholarships, each worth US$2,000, to students in a nursing program.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) – Offers Continuing Professional Development Scholarships to help its members get knowledge and skills beyond traditional academic nursing education. A limited number of scholarships for some academic courses will be awarded from time to time.
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing Foundation – A US$1,000 scholarship program for male students looking to bag a qualified nursing education degree.
- National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) – Offers annual scholarships to black students who are NBNA members or local chapter members, who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate nursing program, and have one full year of study remaining. Value of award is from US$1,000 to $5,000.
- MinorityNurse.com – this website lists scholarships and fellowships open to students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in nursing.
- Northern Illinois University – More than one scholarship is available to study nursing. Only admitted nursing students are eligible to apply.
- Johnson & Johnson Discover Nursing Scholarships Database – Search and find scholarships in the US by region, study level and requirements with this finder tool, listed are over 370 nursing scholarships.
- Delta State University – A variety of scholarships available to students who wish to study at the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing.
- Canadian Nurses Foundation – A variety of awards and grants to support Canadian students of nursing at various study levels, including baccalaureate and doctorate.
- University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI): The Audrey J. Tinney Nursing Scholarship and the Marilyn Buist Entrance Scholarship in Nursing each award is valued at CA$1,000 and is awarded to a first-year student entering full-time studies in the nursing program at UPEI.
- The Friends of UPEI Calgary Bill and Denise Andrew Scholarship in Nursing awards up to CA$5,000 to students from Calgary who are entering their nursing course, and also the Mary C. McInnis Entrance Scholarship in Nursing grants CA£1,500 to a graduating high school student from Prince Edward Island who is admitted to the first year of their nursing degree at UPEI with a excellent academic average.
- University of Alberta – The Isobel Secord Memorial Dean’s Entrance Citation in Nursing and the University Hospital Foundation Ruth A. Van Dusen Dean’s Entrance Citation in nursing assists students admitted to an undergraduate degree program in nursing at the university. Selection is strictly on the basis of academic merit. CA$8,000-10,000 is available for over four years.
- Montfort Hospital – Six Montfort Clinical Excellence Scholarships valued at CA$6,000 each are available to students who wish to study nursing in French. Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and be registered in a baccalaureate nursing program at a University in Ontario.
- The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) – The RCN Hettie C. Hopkins Geriatric Nursing Scholarship is available to a project or course of study that will promote the advancement of geriatric nursing in Wales. The applicant will be required to work in Wales and should hold a statutory qualification in nursing.
- The Barbers’ Company Clinical Nursing Scholarship – value of scholarship is up to £7,500 and is open to a student pursuing a career in clinical nursing by studying a related master’s in a University or college in the UK or at an accredited academic department of nursing overseas.
- Glasgow Caledonian University – open to self-funding international or home students wishing to enter the MSc Nursing program either for a full-time or part-time period.
- Margaret Parkinson Scholarships – Valued at Up to £2,000 per annum and is available to graduates of a non-nursing degree looking to become a nurse. Scholarship is only available to students based in the UK.
- Cavell Nurses’ Trust – The Outstanding Student Nurse Award provides a scholarship amount of £1,500 (and runners-up will also get a laptop or tablet). Applicants should be in their second or third year of a BSc in nursing program, or in the second year of a postgraduate diploma program in nursing.
- Buckinghamshire New University Nursing Bursary –students from UK and the EU studying nursing either at undergraduate or postgraduate level stand a chance of having their tuition fees paid in full if they win a bursary from the Department of Health. Eligible students are also eligible to apply for a non-means-tested yearly grant of £1,000 from the NHS Bursary Scheme.
- University College Lillebælt – Scholarships are available for international students who are not from the European Union to study nursing at the University.
Nursing scholarships to study in Australia or New Zealand
- The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) – ACN awards a number of scholarships funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Department of Social Services. Applicants don’t have to be a member of ACN to apply for these scholarships and is open to anyone looking to study nursing in an institution in Australia.
- University of Sydney, Sydney Nursing School – More than one scholarship is available to study nursing at the university. Value of scholarship is over AUD5,000
- University of South Australia – The School of Nursing and Midwifery offers a range of scholarships .
- New Zealand Nurses’ Organization (NZNO) – More than one grants and scholarship to study nursing, available to their members only.