Application Deadline: 31st July, 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): USA
Fields of Study: Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Finance and Management.
- GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates
- iBT TOEFL: 100 or above [or equivalent]
- Minimum SAT I Score: Overall: 1450, Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730, Math: 730
- SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above
- Extracurricular Activities
Meet the above criteria
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2019
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants)
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree
Selection Criteria: The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance. Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
How to Apply: It is important to go through the application instructions on the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
Award Provider: Orascom Construction (OC)
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities provided in the “Approved Universities” section of the application.
- Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for these universities. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.