The University of British Columbia is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalised young people. Scholars in the Program have a demonstrated commitment to giving back to their communities and develop the leadership needed to contribute to social and economic transformation across the continent.
- Be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of their country’s socio-economic scale, and be able to show they lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in their home country or elsewhere;
- Have achieved academic excellence (mostly ‘A’s) under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
- Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities outside the classroom, in the school and/or community;
- Be graduating/recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school;
- Be applying for their first undergraduate degree in one of the following Faculties at UBC’s Vancouver campus:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Vancouver School of Economics (Bachelor of International Economics)
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Land & Food Systems (including Global Resource Systems; Food, Nutrition & Health; Applied Biology [Applied Animal Biology, Applied Plant & Soil Sciences or Food & the Environment])
- Sauder School of Business (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Faculty of Science
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian Study Permit;
- Commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
How To Apply
Apply through the given link below.
For more information please visit their website
and follow their official requirement.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2017.