Table of Contents
UNIBEN PHARMD PROGRAMME STRUCTURE:
This programme requires the successful completion of (1) two ONLINE modules consisting of didactic courses, in-course assessment, self-evaluation, group discussions and on-site tutorials, (2) research project, and (3) a pharmacy practice experience module (clinical clerkship, externship, and simulation exercises) consisting of on-site experience which will be carried out by a team of PharmD professionals from USA as well as clinical experiences in approved hospitals, community health centres and pharmacies. Students are expected to be on-site for one week orientation at the beginning of the programme and for one week pre-examination tutorials in the first and second modules to allow for interactions.
One academic session.
All applicants must (1) hold at least a master degree in pharmacy from recognized Universities acceptable to the Senate of the University of Benin who have been teaching in a University for at least one year or be hospital/community pharmacists nominated by their organizations and/or recommended by the Deans of Faculty of Pharmacy in Nigerian Universities as Preceptors for pharmacy students’ clerkship programme, (2) be registered with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria as practicing pharmacists, and (3) have, at least, passed English Language, Mathematics and three other Science subjects at credit level in the West African School Certificate (WASC), Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent at not more than two sittings.
With regard to hospital/community pharmacy applicants, each Dean of Faculty of Pharmacy is expected to forward the list of a sufficient number of pharmacists working in hospitals and community pharmacies (who do not already have PharmD degree) he/she is recommending for the training of his/her students in hospitals and community pharmacies and ask such persons in the list to apply for the programme.
The Dean should then send the list of his/her nominees to the Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin (‘Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 15th September 2017.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates should visit the University website at uniben.edu from 31st August 2016, click on ‘STUDENT PORTAL’ and then on ‘Waeup portal’ in the drop-down menu.
- In the Waeup portal page, click on ‘Application’ on the menu bar, and then on ‘Special PharmD Conversion Application‘ and follow the instructions.
- Candidates should ensure that forms are clearly filled as any application form not properly completed will not be treated. Note that an application fee of N12,500.00 is required to complete the application process.
- In this regard, the system will re-direct you to the payment gateway in use by uniben to make the payment with either a Verve card, a naira MasterCard or else a Visa Card.
- Therefore, ensure that the account to which your card is linked has sufficient funds prior to commencing the application process.
Closing date of application is 15th October, 2017.
Further information may be obtained via email (email@example.com) or from the Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy or call 0805 526 3622