CAC PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF COMPANY/BUSINESS NAME/INCORPORATED TRUSTEES ONLINE
Connection to the Company Registration Portal (CRP)
- Visit CAC Registration portals on Services.cac.gov.ng, or cac.gov.ng
- Creation of account
- Click on create account on the home page of the Portal.
- Complete the forms displayed
- ACCREDITED USERS should select ‘’ARE YOU AN ACCREDITED CUSTOMER?’’ and enter their accreditation number in this format for individual NBA/IND/12345 or ICAN/IND/12345 or ICSAN/IND/12345, and for firm NBA/FM/12345, or ICAN/FM/12345, or ICSAN/FM/12345.
- Accredited users must ensure that they enter the e-mail address that was used during their accreditation.
- Enter the catcher as displayed in the box.
- Click on submit.
FOR GENERAL USERS, the system will display the pre-entered ‘’USER NAME’’ and the auto generated ‘’PASSWORD’’ immediately. While accredited users will be mailed their ‘’USER NAME’’ and ‘’PASSWORD’’ after approval at the back office.
ACCESSING THE CRP AFTER ACCOUNT CREATION
- Enter the ‘’USER NAME’’ and ‘’PASSWORD’’.
- Click on ‘’LOGIN’’
- Change your ‘’PASSWORD’’.
- You can thereafter transact business with the commission using your profile without any interruption.
- Login using your profile details.
- Select ‘’NAME SEARCH’’.
- Complete the forms displayed.
Always make use of the ‘’CONTINUE’’ button until you get to the end of the form and make payment.
For Incorporated Trustee make sure you provide the main object in the column provided.
All fields make asterisks and in red are compulsory and must be populated.
TO VIEW AVAILABILITY APPROVAL
- Login with your profile.
- Click on ‘’ACTION’’ button’’ on the name already reserved.
- Click on DOWNLOAD OF NAME APPROVAL’’.
- The system will download the document at the base of your computer system.
- Click on the ‘’OPEN’’ option, the approved availability will be displayed.
- NOTE: This is where you see the availability serial number that is required for registration.
REGISTRATION OF COMPANY, BUSINESS NAME, INCORPORATED TRUSTEES
- Reserve name.
- Log in with your profile.
- Select ‘’REGISTRATION’’
- Select the classification that is ‘’BUSINESS NAME, or COMPANY, or INCORPORATED TRUSTEE’’.
- Enter the availability serial code.
- Click on continue.
- Enter the details of the ‘’PROPRIETOR, DIRECTORS, TRUSTEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SECRETARY (depending on whether you are registering a BUSINESS NAME, COMPANY, or INCORPORATED TRUSTEE).
- Where the director of the company is also a shareholder select the director that has the dual role enter the number of shares and classification of shares then click on ‘’ADD SELECTED RECORD’’.
- For companies and Incorporated Trustees, click on ‘’ADD AN OBJECT’’ or ‘’ADD OBJECTS’’ and type in the nature of Business or objects for which the company or Incorporated trustee is registered, then click on ‘’ADD’’. Continue to add the object until all the objects have been added.
- For companies, either adopt the ‘’ARTICLE’’ or edit by adding or removing the content of the Article and replacing the same with your own Articles.
- Select the ‘’DROP OFF and PICK UP STATE’’.
- Click on continue until payment is made.
- Select ‘’GET STAMP’’ to stamp the document electronically.
- Make payment for electronic stamping.
- The system will automatically affix the electronic stamp duties on the documents (Form CAC1.1, and Memorandum and Article of Association).
TO DOWNLOAD STAMP DOCUMENT
- Select ‘’REGISTRATION’’.
- The system will display all the list of companies registered.
- Under the ‘’DOCUMENT’’ click on ‘’DOWNLOAD DOCUMENTS’’. Or
- Click on ‘’ACTION’’ button.
- Select ‘’DOWNLOAD DOCUMENTS’’.
- Print the document.
TO UPLOAD DOCUMENT ON DOCUMENT UPLOAD INTERFACE
- The documents already printed must be signed by the directors/subscribers
- Go to the commission’s web site ‘’www.cac.gov.ng’’
- At the middle of the page extreme right select ‘’DOCUMENT UPLOAD’’.
- Enter the company/Business name/Incorporated Trustee ‘’AVAILABILITY CODE’’.
- Select the ‘’ORIGINATING OFFICE’’ (THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL PICK UP THE CERTIFICATE).
- Select ‘’I AM NOT A ROBOT’’ then follow the instruction.
- Click on ‘’BEGIN’’.
- Select the type of document to be attached one after the other and attach each one after properly identifying same.
- After attaching all the documents click on submit.
AFTER UPLOAD WHAT'S NEXT
- The Commission will rely on the uploaded documents to treat your application. The certificate will be generated by the Commission and all relevant documents will be certified.
- You don’t have to come to the Commission to follow up on the status of your application, you can check the status of your application on the portal. There is a column that reads ‘’STATUS’’ on your profile. This will show the state or status of the application, it will show ‘’NOT SUBMITED, or SUBMITTED, or PENDING APPROVAL, or APPROVED depending on stage the application is.
- Also note that where the application is approved and certificate generated the Registration number will be displayed on the column for ‘’REGISTRATION NUMBER’’.
- When the status reads ‘’APPROVED’’ and Registration number displayed, then you can approach the office where you had selected as the DROP OFF/PICK UP OFFICE or ‘’ORIGINATING OFFICE’’ with the original copy of the document that you had earlier printed and uploaded. You should submit the originals in exchange for the certificate and CTC’s.
- AUTOMATIC TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (TIN) GENERATION: Immediately a certificate of incorporation is generated in the CRP, a TIN will be issued and sent to customer’s email address from the FIRS/JTB through the Integrated Stamp duty System (ISDS) Portal. This has dispensed with the need for a separate TIN application to the Joint Tax Board.
For Status Report on Registered Companies, Please contact: email: firstname.lastname@example.org