UTME Subject Combination/Requirement
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Biochemistry under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
- AAU, EKSU and RSUST require Mathematics.
- OAU requires Chemistry, Mathematics and either Biology or Physics.
- UNILORIN does not accept Mathematics.
- SALEM, FUAM, OSUSTECH, EBSU, OSUSTECH, ABU and UNIBEN require Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- BOWEN requires Chemistry and any two of Physics, Mathematics and Biology.
- AJAYI requires chemistry, Physics and Biology or Mathematics.
- BELLS does not require Biology in lieu of Mathematics.
- WESTERN-DEL requires Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- FUTA requires Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Mathematics/Physics.
- KWASU requires Chemistry, Biology plus any one of Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics or Geography.
- CRESCENT and SAU require Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics.
- OSUSTECH requires Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- UNIOSUN requires Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
The O'level subject combination and requirements needed to study Biochemistry;
Compulsory subjects to attain:
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
- FUTA requires five 'O' Level credit passes at a maximum of two sittings, which must include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science.
- OAU accepts Physics or Biology.
- ABSU requires a credit in Physics.
- EBSU, IMSU and ANSU accept a pass in ‘O’ level English Language.
- EBSU accepts Agric. Sci in lieu of Biology and a pass in Physics.
- NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
- CRUTECH require credit pass in Physics as the fifth subject.
- AJAYI requires five (5) credit passes must include: English language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology at one sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two sittings
- UNIMAID accepts SSCE passes in English Language and Mathematics.
- Crescent accepts credit pass in Agric. Science in lieu of Biology.
- EBSU requires credits in Mathematics or Physics.
- BELLS requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Geography/Further Mathematics/ Agricultural Science.
- REDEEMER'S requires Five 'O' Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
- WESTERN-DEL requires five SSCE credit passes which must include Chemistry, English Language, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Physics.
- GODFREY accepts credit pass in any other Science subject in lieu of Physics.
- KWASU accepts credit passes in Further mathematics and Agricultural Science.
- RENAISSANCE requires the credit passes at not more than two sittings.
- FUAM - Candidates seeking admission into any of these Programmes must possess five (5) credit passes which MUST be from one examination body (i.e. either WAEC or NECO) and obtained at NOT more than two (2) sittings. The Department does not accept the combination of both WAEC and NECO. Students of FUAM Pre-degree Remedial Science Programme who pass their end of session examinations are considered or admission on the condition that they also pass UTME. NOTE: Agricultural Science and Health Science shall NOT be accepted in place of Biology. Further Mathematics shall NOT be accepted in place of Physics or Mathematics.
- SAU accepts credit pass in Technical Drawing, Agricultural Science or Geography in lieu of Physics
- UMYU requires five credit passes in not more than two sittings.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Biochemistry, if you don't intend to use UTME.
Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Chemistry, Mathematics Physics and Biology. NCE/ND/HND in related field plus UTME requirement.
FUTA accepts ND at Upper Credit level in Relevant disciplines in addition to the 'O' level requirements.
BINGHAM, MAUTECH and UNILORIN, FUTO require ‘A’ level in Chemistry and Biology.
ANSU and RSUST accept a good ND (credit) in related fields.
FUTMINNA, ANSU and UDUSOK accept ND/HND with at least lower credit plus four ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects.
BABCOCK, KSU, UNIPORT, ABSU and IMSU No Direct Entry
UNIBEN does not accept Mathematics at 'A' level. In addition to UTME requirements accepts:
ND (Upper credit) / HND (Lower credit) in Food Technology or Science Laboratory Technology.
NCE (credit) in Biology or Chemistry.
MOUAU requires A' level Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology.
OOU accepts ND/HND in relevant subjects plus UTME requirements.
EKSU - a minimum of ND (Upper Credit) from recognised institution.
BIU and accept ND and NCE in relevant fields.
AAU accepts 1st degree and 5 'O' level credits in relevant subjects for Direct Entry".
UNN accepts ‘A’ level/HSC at Principal level in Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and Physics plus UTME requirement and Degree in relevant fields.
AJAYI accepts two 'A' level passes (or equivalents) in Chemistry and Biology including the requirements in UTME.
EBSU requires three A' level passes in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics.
at least two 'A' level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics or Biology or
IJMB at acceptable grades.
NCE, ND, HND and approved equivalent with at least lower credit may be admitted to the appropriate level.
ANSU accepts ND/HND lower credit in Food Science Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biogenetic Engineering or its equivalent.
FUTO requires at least two ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and Biology. It accepts ND/HND (Upper Credit) in relevant fields. Candidates must in addition meet the UTME ‘O’ Level requirements. It does not accept First Degree and NCE.
BOWEN accepts 'A’ Level /IJMB/NCE/ND or approved equivalent in Chemistry and either Mathematics or Physics.
BIU requires in addition to the O' level requirements specified, a minimum of two relevant subjects passed at GCE Advanced level or NCE (3 merits) or National Diploma in relevant field not below credit level.
WUSTO accepts two "A" level passes in Chemistry and any one of Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
UNIOSUN also accepts 'A' level pass in Botany, ND and approved equivalents (Lower credit).
CRAWFORD accepts ND (upper credit) or HND in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics in addition to 'A' level passes in Chemistry and Biology is acceptable.
EBSU accepts three 'A' level passes in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
Two A' level passes chosen from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
ND/HND in related field plus UTME requirement.
Two ‘A’ level passes obtained at one sitting from Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics in Addition to O’ Level requirements (credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
ND (Upper Credit) in relevant discipline (Food Chemistry, Brewing Science, Food Technology, Science Laboratory Technology) in addition to O’ Level requirements.HND Biology or Chemistry.
ABU requires Chemistry and any other one from Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
RHEMA accepts National Diploma in Chemistry, Food Science and Technology or NCE in Biology/Chemistry.
Two G.C.E. A/L or its equivalent, one of which must be in relevant field.
ND with minimum of upper credit in relevant subject;
HND with lower credit in the relevant field.
Two A’ level passes in Chemistry Biology or Physics.
National Diploma (ND) with Distinction and Credit passes in relevant subjects.
FUAM requires ‘A’ Level GCE passes in Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics MUST be obtained. NCE, ND, and HND graduates in Science/ Technology with credit level passes in the relevant subjects must be considered in addition to UTME requirements.
ND (Upper Credit) in Analytical and Industrial Chemistry, Science Laboratory Technology or related fields.
NCE (Credit) in Biology or Chemistry.
Two A’ level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Botany/ Zoology, Physics and Mathematics.
MCPHERSON accepts ND (upper credit) or HND( lower credit) in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics in addition to 'A' level passes in Chemistry and Biology is acceptable.
CALEB accepts ND at Credit level in Science Laboratory Technology or Sciences related studies may be considered for admission by direct entry provided they have the UME subjects at one sitting.
UMYU accepts Candidates with GCE ‘A’ level, IJMB, with a minimum of 9 points. A level Candidates must have Chemistry. NCE candidates must have Chemistry and Biology.
NCE (credit) in Biology or Chemistry. A' level Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology.
Accepts merit in ND (upper credit) or HND in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics in addition to 'A' level passes in Chemistry and Biology is acceptable.
Very good passes in the following three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Candidates must satisfy O/Level requirements.
I believe you find this helpful? In case you have any suggestion, questions or anything related, don't hesitate to hit the comment box below. Thanks.