The Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme in South Africa is a programme for only African States.
It is designed for those pursuing postgraduate study (Honours and Masters Degrees only at present) at any recognised South African institutions of higher education. This scholarship is offered for every field of study.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory.
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2017
- All applicants MUST come from the following countries:
- Burkina Faso,
- Cape Verde,
- Central African Republic,
- Ivory Coast,
- Equatorial Guinea,
- Sierra Leone,
- South Africa,
- South Sudan,
- São Tomé and Príncipe,
- Western Sahara,
- Zambia and,
The Scholarship covers the these costs:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance;
- Accommodation and meal allowances;
- A medical aid allowance;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should submit the necessary documents (National ID/Passport, Transcripts, Motivation letter, Essay, Reference Letter) together with the application form.
The deadline for application is April 18, 2017.
Visit the Official Website to learn more...
I believe you find this helpful? In case you have any suggestion, questions or anything related, don't hesitate to hit the comment box below. Thanks.